- Scheduling is a continuous process. The closer we get to the contest and late registrations are submitted, the schedule will be adjusted to add new entries.
- Their will be NO schedule adjustments after the Monday prior to Contest.
- Revised performance schedule will be posted by Wednesday to Tuesday.
- We understand that situations will arise and we will make every effort to accomodate your request.
- Please make sure to review the initial published schedule the week of contest. Make sure to advise the Contest Coordinator of any needed changes/adjustments and double check spelling for accuracy.
- Email or call to make changes as soon as possible, and verify revisions online.
- The final schedule will be given to the Director upon check-in the day of contest.
Check-In Procedure - Contest Day
- Arrive early at designated Team Entry.
- Have Team in 2 files to keep entry orderly.
- Only Directors will check team in while team and Chaperones waits outside until check-in is completed.
- Director will turn in all required paperwork (cleaning agreement).
- Clear all balances (without P.O.), review schedule, and inform TS staff of any changes (adds/drops/ mistakes).
- Make sure each CD is labeled correctly.
- Directors will be given a quick tour of facilities (entrance, exit, performance & warm-up areas, assigned dressing rooms, restrooms and concessions).
- After completion of registration and tour of facilities, team will be escorted to their dressing room by assigned hostess.
- The host school will assign a hostess to your team for the entire contest. Your hostess is to keep you informed of the schedule or extra help throughout the day.
- Adjudicators will be Dance Professionals who are selected for their knowledge, experience, and respected throughout the Dance Industry.
- It is our goal to select a Panel of Adjudicators that are well versed in all categories and committed to providing quaility critiques.
- TrendSetters Adjudicators understand the importance of integrity and the ability to provide a fair competition for all participating teams.
- 3 Adjudicators for all Solos, Ensembles, Officers and Team performances for Regional Competitions.
- 3 Adjudicators for National Competitions
- Adjudicators for Teams are College Directors, Dance Professionals not affiliated with public schools and former dance/drill team professionals who understand the art and know about what goes into perfecting, preparing and have the understanding of all categories.
- Adjudicators for Officers, Solo, Ensemble, Duets & Trios are Dance Professionals and TrendSetters Staff members that are trained/educated dancers who are selected for their experience and high standards.
- TrendSetters will support all decisions made by the Adjudicators in the deduction of points for inappropriate music, costuming, or movement.
- All Adjudicators will be referred to as Judge #1, 2, 3 on all scoresheets and master talley.
- If using an iPod, please make sure music is set and a backup is ready.
- Have a separate CD for each routine and a backup.
Team/Officer Example: Klein Oak H.S. Strutters/Large Team Jazz
Solo Example: Klein Oak H.S. Strutters/Soloist 9-10th, Kelly Smith
Ensemble Example: Klein Oak H.S. Strutters/Small Ensemble #1 "Live"
- It is recommended that all music should be on a separate CD at the desired performance tempo. Speed controls vary depending on the sound systems used.
- You may also play music from an MP3 player with a 1/8 in. ear jack. Please plan to have a representative at the music table to operate your MP3 player to avoid any confusion. Please also be sure you have a CD as a backup.
- CD's that have not been picked up by the end of the contest will be placed in your evaluation packet to be picked up at the conclusion of contest.
- Music check will be available as needed, but suggested during breaks.
- Music must comply with all applicable copyright laws (READ THIS NOTICE)
- Team - Regulation Basketball Court with basic markings (center court line, boundary lines, regular basketball court lines and volleyball lines).
- Officers, Ensembles, Trios, Duets and Solos - Performance area will vary depending on the contest size and venue.
- Venue for performances will be listed on the Performance Schedule and posted on our website one week prior to Competition.
- Check website for individual contest information regarding a map with entrance/exit, warm-up area, and Host Facility information.
- Dressing areas will be assigned to you the morning of contest during check-in. Please note that gentlemen are not allowed in the ladies dressing rooms. If you have male dancers, please make note on your registration form or please inform the host school and rooms will be secured.
- No food or drinks in the dressing rooms.
- You might consider bringing a few sheets to put on the floor to prevent makeup staining the carpet.
- Please remember that teachers give up their space and we need to remind our teams to respect their belongings.
Poms, Props and Backdrops
- The bottom of all props should be taped or padded (foam, felt, tape) to avoid scratching or damaging the performance area. You will be responsible for any damages to the gym floor due to failure to properly pad props.
- A property damage contract may be required by the host school if competing in any one of these categories. No Tapping or Clogging directly onto the gym floor without proper floor coverings.
- All props, staging and backdrops must be able to fit through a 7 foot tall double door with the center support bar removed.
- All set-up and breakdown of all props and backdrops should be done in a timely manner. If more time is needed, please inform TrendSetters Administration so ample time will be allowed in the schedule.
- Prop drop-off and storage will be designated and coordinated by each host school's Booster Club. Please be respectful and courteous to those in charge. Communicate your needs if different than what is available.
- Must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or refunds will NOT be honored.
- Cancellation up until the Friday (week prior to contest) = Full Refund issued at the end of contest season.
- Cancellation after Friday (week prior or after) = No Cancellation No Refunds
- No Shows - Team does not show up for contest without notification = NO REFUND
- Cancellation of Contest by TrendSetters = Full Refund to all registered. Fees refunded immediately.
- Host Location Cancels = Full Amount Credited to your school account to be used at another contest during that season.
- TrendSetters will offer the participating Directors the following options:
- 50% Refund on total registration fees.
- Refund checks are issued the Monday following the Contest date.
- Full Credit towards future registration fees with TrendSetters Dance.
- Weather related Cancellations are approved at the discretion of management. In the event of an unforseen natural disaster or involuntary cancellation of the contest date or location, refunds will not be issued. TrendSetters will make every effort to reschedule or relocate the contest.
- TS Merchandise for sell includes t-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, sweatpants, leggings, spirit jerseys and socks.
- Be sure to inform your team members to bring plenty of money for shopping and food.
- A videographer will be on site to record all performances in both gyms at select contests only.
- A booth will be set up all day for you to place video orders.
- Personal videotaping will be permitted. However, no electrical outlets will be available for personal use and tripods/monopods are strictly prohibited.
- Flash photography is strictly prohibited in all performance areas for the security of our performers.
- A professional photographer will be on site to take team and candid photos following each performance.
- Packages will be available for you to order.
- Each host school will provide a concession with its own menu.
- This is a fundraiser for the host school.
- In an effort to support our Host School, ABSOLUTELY NO outside food, drinks, or ice chest permitted. Please plan on taking advantage of the concessions and support our host school!
- A menu will be sent out along with a pre-order (for contests that have Team Entries) for breakfast, lunch and dinner from the host school.
- There will be a lost and found table for any lost items.
- A trainer or nurse will be on site.
- A first aid station will be set up with minor items.
- No medication of any sort will be given out by the host school or TrendSetters.
- Should you leave before the Awards Ceremony or if trophies/scorepackets are left at the host school, they will be mailed to you and you will be billed for the applicable shipping costs.
- We accept cash, checks, and school's P.O.'s, or you can also call the TS office with a Credit Card.
- Registration, Payment and Refund Policies:
- All registrations must be submitted online.
- Registrations received after the posted deadlines are subject to a $75.00 late fee. *We will not schedule performances until payment has been received in full.
- Drops and adds to the original registration must be received in writing via email or fax no later than 5 days prior to the event.
- You will be responsible for payment of all entries on your original registration unless you comply with the drop policy stated above.